Thursday, January 12, 2006

Seeing her broken hearted

She is everything to me....and I want to be everything I can for her.... but the phone rings, bringing her heartache and pain that I am powerless to take away. I feel helpless knowing I cannot fix this for her, furious that someone would hurt her this way, insignificant that I cannot make the pain go away. By nature I take care of things.....I control things..... I protect things.... but I can't do any of this for her. Not this time....and actually...not ever. She would resent that type of control, and I don't need to control her to possess her. She knows I am here for her…..that I still have one good shoulder to cry on.....

3 comments:

S said...

I know what is it like to have to sit and watch someone you love struggle. I know the incredible need to stand in front of them and shield them from the pain. And I know what it takes to have to stand silently and witness.... Thank you for being there. Thank you for your strength and restraint. You are right, I do not need anyone to stand in front of me to protect me...but if you would stand by my side, and hold my hand, I would be very grateful.

BigOso said...

I'm there

expei said...

i know you will be there. smiles.