Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Paradise

Meatloaf
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights
Boy:I remember every little thingAs if it happened only yesterdayParking by the lakeAnd there was not another car in sightAnd I never had a girlLooking any better than you didAnd all the kids at schoolThey were wishing they were me that night
And now our bodies are oh so close and tightIt never felt so good, it never felt so rightAnd we're glowing like the metal on the edge of a knifeC'mon! Hold on tight!C'mon! Hold on tight!
Though it's cold and lonely in the deep dark nightI can see paradise by the dashboard light
Girl:Ain't no doubt about itWe were doubly blessedCause we were barely seventeenAnd we were barely dressed
Ain't no doubt about itBaby got to go and shout itAin't no doubt about itWe were doubly blessed
Boy:Cause we were barely seventeenAnd we were barely dressed
Baby doncha hear my heartYou got it drowning out the radioI've been waiting so longFor you to come along and have some fun
And I gotta let ya knowNo you're never gonna regret itSo open up your eyes I got a big surpriseIt'll feel all rightWell I wanna make your motor run
And now our bodies are oh so close and tightIt never felt so good, it never felt so rightAnd we're glowing like the metal on the edge of a knifeC'mon! Hold on tight!C'mon! Hold on tight!
Though it's cold and lonley in the deep dark nightI can see paradise by the dashboard lightParadise by the dashboard light
You got to do what you canAnd let Mother Nature do the restAin't no doubt about itWe were doubly blessedCause we were barely seventeenAnd we were barely--
We're gonna go all the way tonightWe're gonna go allt he wayAn tonight's the night...
Radio Broadcast:Ok, here we go, we got a real pressure cookergoing here, two down, nobody on, no score,bottom of the ninth, there's the wind-up andthere it is, a line shot up the middle, lookat him go. This boy can really fly!He's rounding first and really turning it onnow, he's not letting up at all, he's gonnatry for second; the ball is bobbled out in center,and here comes the throw, and what a throw!He's gonna slide in head first, here he comes, he's out!No, wait, safe--safe at second base, this kid reallymakes things happen out there.Batter steps up to the plate, here's the pitch--he's going, and what a jump he's got, he's tryingfor third, here's the throw, it's in the dirt--safe at third! Holy cow, stolen base!He's taking a pretty big lead out there, almostdaring him to try and pick him off. The pitcherglance over, winds up, and it's bunted, bunteddown the third base line, the suicide squeeze in on!Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close,here's the throw, there's the play at the plate,holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!
II. Let Me Sleep On It
Girl:Stop right there!I gotta know right now!Before we go any further--!
Do you love me?Will you love me forever?Do you need me?Will you never leave me?Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life?Will you take me away and will you make me your wife?Do you love me!?Will you love me forever!?Do you need me!?Will you never leave me!?Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life!?Will you take me away and will you make me your wife!?I gotta know right nowBefore we go any furtherDo you love me!!!?Will you love me forever!!!?
Boy:Let me sleep on itBaby, baby let me sleep on itLet me sleep on itAnd I'll give you my answer in the morning
Let me sleep on itBaby, baby let me sleep on itLet me sleep on itAnd I'll give you my answer in the morning
Let me sleep on itBaby, baby let me sleep on itLet me sleep on itAnd I'll give you my answer in the morning
Girl:I gotta know right now!Do you love me?Will you love me forever?Do you need me?Will you never leave me?Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life?Will you take me away and will you make me your wife?I gotta know right now!Before we go any furtherDo you love me?And will you love me forever?
Boy:Let me sleep on itBaby, baby let me sleep on itLet me sleep on itAnd I'll give you my answer in the morningLet me sleep on it!!!
Girl:Will you love me forever?
Boy:Let me sleep on it!!!
Girl:Will you love me forever!!!
III. Praying for the End of Time
Boy:I couldn't take it any longerLord I was crazedAnd when the feeling came upon meLike a tidal waveI started swearing to my god and on my mother's graveThat I would love you to the end of timeI swore that I would love you to the end of time!
So now I'm praying for the end of timeTo hurry up and arriveCause if I gotta spend another minute with youI don't think that I can really surviveI'll never break my promise or forget my vowBut God only knows what I can do right nowI'm praying for the end of timeIt's all that I can doPraying for the end of time, so I can end my time with you!!!
Boy:It was long ago and it was far awayand it was so much better than it is today
Girl:It never felt so goodIt never felt so rightAnd we were glowing likeA metal on the edge of a knife

1 comment:

S said...

It wasn't the dashboard honey...it was the laptop. Grinning. But a beautiful evening, very special...and I don't need to 'sleep on it'...to tell you so.